A Family Tradition full of Amazing Flavors
|1 Large Chicken, for stock||2 14oz cans Chicken Broth|
|1 pound Beef, ground||1 pound Veal, ground|
|1 pound Pork, ground|
|2 large heads Endive||4 Eggs|
|1/4 cup Breadcrumbs||1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese|
|to taste Parsley||to taste Salt. Kosher|
|to taste Pepper, fresh ground||to taste Garlic Powder|
For the Meatballs
- Combine ground veal, pork, and beef with 1 or 2 eggs.
- Add spices and breadcrumbs, about ¼, to ½ cup (not too dry) roll into small balls ¼, to ½, inches.
For the Soup
- In a large stock pot boil chicken until it falls apart. About 1 hour.
- Cut up the chicken strain and broth thru cheesecloth until clear. This will be very rich so only use part of it along with 2 large cans of chicken broth, may add a little water.
- Add meatballs and chicken pieces to the broth and cook about 1 hour.
- Cut endive into small pieces, about 4 inches long and 1 ½ inches wide this does cook down so you may want more.
- Simmer 1 hour. Add 1or 2 beaten eggs, into some of the broth in a small cup, to temper then add to pot along with ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
DetailsPrep time: 1Cook time: 2-hrTotal time: 3 hrs